Jobs at Route One
Over the past decade Action Sports, which encompasses surf, skate, snow and BMX, has grown into a billion dollar industry. Predominantly associated with a young audience, it has an irreverent, urban culture, which segues into the worlds of fashion, footwear and music, its growth has been remorseless.
Given its youthful demographic and the specialist nature of each sport, it was inevitable that Action Sports retailing would migrate online. Route One specialises in skateboarding, snowboarding and inline skating and historically traded out of the high street. We launched our online business www.routeone.co.uk in 1998.
Over the past decade the online business has served over 500,000 customers and continues to experience exceptional growth. Our catalogue, which is published 8 times a year, is the bible for the skate industry and in 2009, Route One worked with Nike 6.0 to launch their first concept store in Edinburgh and Mpora to launch the Big Push.
In 2010, Route One celebrated “20 Years of Community Service” and hosted community projects from its stores in Edinburgh, Guildford, Brighton, Cardiff, Bath and Southampton.
We are always interested to hear from enthusiastic, creative and commercial individuals who share our passion for Action Sports and who want to be part of one of the most dynamic marketplaces in the world.
If you are interested in working for Route One please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please note due to the amount of applications we get on a daily basis we cannot reply to everyone but we do endeavour to look at every single applicant.
Last Updated 27/07/2016
Vacancy – Route One Southampton – Store Manager
The Manager is be responsible for day to day management of store operations in accordance with company policy & procedure to ensure maximum turnover and profitability are achieved.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- An ability to plan & structure staff levels accordingly to maximise sales.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service, product knowledge & visual merchandising throughout the store.
- Communicating with merchandisers to provide correct stock levels/package whilst managing deliveries to ensure stock file is accurate.
- Analysing sales figures, conversion rates & interpreting local trends with an ability to initiate changes to maximise profitability.
- Updating staff on business performance/initiatives, providing training in all relevant aspects to develop your team.
- Ensuring all health & safety standards are maintained.
Experience of retail management is preferable and the salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Vacancy – Route One Glasgow – Assistant Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to support the Store Manager within our newly opened Glasgow store. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress within the clothing, footwear and action sports industry or for an experienced Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager or Supervisor who is keen to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- In the absence of the Store Manager guide the team to perform all store-level operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion
- Assist and participate in the roll-out of new training and operational initiatives.
- Possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to plan, organise and execute projects by priority.
- Maximise store sales through analytical and creative management of merchandise from receipt to sales
- Visual merchandising and general store maintenance.
- Driving sales – individual responsibility and assisting the manager in motivating your team.
- Communication with head office and other Route One stores.
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Uphold Company standards and act as a positive role model to others.
- Inspire, motivate and encouraging teamwork among the team.
- Market knowledge and awareness of the local area.
Experience preferred but not essential.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for both full and part time staff for the Glasgow store, if you are interested, please contact the store via the email address above.