Jobs at Route One
Over the past decade Action Sports, which encompasses surf, skate, snow and BMX, has grown into a billion dollar industry. Predominantly associated with a young audience, it has an irreverent, urban culture, which segues into the worlds of fashion, footwear and music, its growth has been remorseless.
Given its youthful demographic and the specialist nature of each sport, it was inevitable that Action Sports retailing would migrate online. Route One specialises in skateboarding, snowboarding and inline skating and historically traded out of the high street. We launched our online business www.routeone.co.uk in 1998.
Over the past decade the online business has served over 500,000 customers and continues to experience exceptional growth. Our catalogue, which is published 8 times a year, is the bible for the skate industry and in 2009, Route One worked with Nike 6.0 to launch their first concept store in Edinburgh and Mpora to launch the Big Push.
In 2010, Route One celebrated “20 Years of Community Service” and hosted community projects from its stores in Edinburgh, Guildford, Brighton, Cardiff, Bath and Southampton.
We are always interested to hear from enthusiastic, creative and commercial individuals who share our passion for Action Sports and who want to be part of one of the most dynamic marketplaces in the world.
If you are interested in working for Route One please send your CV to: email@example.com – please note due to the amount of applications we get on a daily basis we cannot reply to everyone but we do endeavour to look at every single applicant.
Last Updated 08/05/2015
Vacancy – Southampton Store Manager
The Manager is to be responsible for the day to day management of store operations in accordance with company policy & procedure to ensure maximum turnover and profitability are achieved.
Duties include -
- Planning & structuring staff levels accordingly to maximise sales.
- Maintain highest level of customer service, product knowledge & visual merchandising throughout the store.
- Communicate with merchandisers to provide correct stock levels/package whilst managing deliveries to ensure stock file is accurate.
- Analysing sales figures, conversion rates & interpreting local trends with an ability to initiate changes to maximise profitability.
- Updating staff on business performance/initiatives, provide training in all relevant aspects to develop your team.
- Ensuring all health & safety standards are maintained.
Experience of retail management is preferable and the salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please email cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org