Last updated: 16/09/2021
- Junior Trader
- Copy Writer - Product Descriptions, Marketing Copy, SEO Copywriting
- Assistant Photographer / Female Model
- Customer Service Advisor
- Warehouse Operative Vacancy (Temporary)
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual, that has a good understanding of the street & skate scene to join the Route One Trading Team.
As Junior Trader, you'll be principally responsible for our ever expanding accessories department and be involved in Own Brand development. You will be supported and given guidance and training by senior members of the Trading and Merchandising. You'll need to be both commercially astute and culturally aligned with the market. You'll have a proven track record of driving sales and sell throughs, through exceptional range planning and product selection, together with the ability to develop great supplier relationships.
The role will combine budgeting, range planning, product selection, product descriptions, reporting and social marketing but you must be prepared to get stuck in and help wherever needed.
Route One is the leading retailer of sneakers, streetwear and skate equipment in the UK.
We’re 30 years young, independently owned and never forget our purpose: To serve our customers and encourage them to pick up a board, whatever its shape and have fun.
Our dedicated team runs a hugely successful online business and eight regional stores, offering the best selection of on-trend products, to customers aged 13-30, throughout Europe.
Route One is actively engaged within the skate and snow communities, through our Pro Team & Flow Team riders, events, and charitable contributions.
Experience working in a fast-paced, retail environment, ideally "streetwear" related would of course be an added benefit, but is not essential.
You’re a hard-working and highly motivated individual, with a can-do attitude.
In an SME you need to be prepared to step in when required, but also be able to work with the Trading Team at a strategic level, setting goals, budgets and delivering exceptional results within a fast-paced retail business.
If you like the idea of working within a close-knit team that are passionate about the sport they love and driven to share it with everyone and you’re ready for a new challenge, then please apply today.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
We are looking for a Copywriter to join our team here at Route One Head Office. The successful candidate will work closely with the ecommerce and Marketing teams.
This role will involve writing for all areas of the business – Including product descriptions and SEO copy
- Product descriptions - ensuring all fashion and footwear has accurate, informative and consistent descriptions across the site.
- Working closely with the trading team and photography department to ensure sizing information is correct.
- SEO Copy – Ensure that all category or brand pages have a story that is informative to the customer but also relevant to Google to improve our natural listings
- Marketing copy – Assist the Marketing team with any copy requirements from Social Adverts to emails or even blog posts.
- Consistently prioritising workload and meeting daily, weekly and monthly targets.
You will need:
- Good English writing and spelling skills
- Must be able to use Word and Excel
- Strong eye for detail and catching errors
- Ability to multitask
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Relevant qualifications will be an advantage but not essential
- Must have access to car due to remote location
Flexible Days- 3-5 per week
Tasks to include:
- Assisting the main photography team to produce high quality product shots.
- Set up and organise the studio for the days production
- Editing and saving images for web
- Scouting potential photoshoot locations and venues.
- Picking products from the warehouse, steaming garments and packing.
- Model and present seasonal collection online.
- Previous experience working as an assistant photographer would be helpful.
- Naturally creative with good attention to detail.
- Familiarity with professional cameras and lighting equipment.
- Good communication skills
- Proficient with photo editing software including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Comfortable in front of camera
- Driving license and own a car
Street fashion, footwear and skate culture is thriving and Route One has been leading the street / skate scene for over 30 years, serving up an eclectic mix of street brands (Nike SB, Adidas, Vans, Thrasher etc.), from our award-winning web store and 8 regional hubs.
Despite the past year’s challenges, the business is in good health and experiencing strong growth. As a result, we’re now looking for Customer Service Advisor to join the Customer Service team, to help drive the business forward and capitalise on our market leading position.
- Dealing with customer service requests across all our platforms including telephone, email, and live chat.
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Providing support to our 8 high street stores
- Processing customer returns and faulty goods.
- Maintenance of the customer database and keeping records of customer interactions and transactions.
- Manage a wide range of administrative duties.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Communicating and coordinating with other internal departments.
- Computer Literacy – including use of Word/Excel.
- Thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritise a busy workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Applicants should be highly organised and able to work in a dynamic, commercial environment.
- Have a professional, positive approach and attitude.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Salary: Competitive & dependant on experience
If you think you fit the bill and would like to be considered, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have opportunities to join our Warehouse Team in our Head Office & Warehouse Base in South Gloucestershire. Below are a General Guide of what the role entails, the list is not exhaustive:-
- Assisting with the unloading of Goods Inward
- Checking Deliveries in against Purchase Orders
- Stickering and Locating Deliveries when required
- Fast and Accurate Picking Customer Orders using Scanners and Warehouse Management Software
- Accurate packing of Customer Orders
- Stock Checking and Location Checks
- General Warehouse Duties – i.e Cleaning and Recovery
- Hard Working
- Good Communication Skills
- Effective Team Work (You’ll be working predominantly in a team)
- Willing to work across all areas of warehouse
- High Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Own transport a must due to our rural location
- A knowledge of the Skate Industry and Culture
- Forklift Licence
- Experience of Working in a Warehouse Environment
If you’re interested in this position please apply with a copy of your cv to: email@example.com
Due to the volume of applicants we regret we may not be able to respond to every application